The rantings and ravings of the Army life

...and life in general

The Facts:

My photo
I am a nurse, a mother, an Army wife and a National Guard soldier. I love all my jobs and my family. I tend to cry too much, laugh too loud, and make jokes that are offensive. I'm a nature-loving, gym addict, and overall fun person. I hate drama, but I love me some good gossip!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Lobster anyone?


Well yesterday we went to our favorite snorkeling spot on the island. We have never really ventured to a regular beach since my son was born. It's kinda hard to enjoy yourself when you are constantly worried that your kid is going to drown. Children just don't show any restraint in the water, and the waves here can sweep a grown man out to sea, so I was uneasy about the idea.
But at Sharks' Cove(not really named appropriately), there are lots of volcanic rock that create these little inlets and tide pools.

It's a great place to take children because the water doesn't get too deep and the rocks create a barrier from the deeper water. As much as my son loves to play in waves, this place has little to none, so it's the perfect spot for lil babies! We had a great time and I was diligent about applying sunblock, SPF 50, on my son. He is blonde and blue eyed. I'm sure that's a recipe for disaster in the sun. But somehow I neglected myself. I am usually pretty good at remembering sunblock. But I didn't this time. And now I am so sunburned that it is actually miserable to even sit here and type!! I have always lived in very sunny areas of the country so I have had many a sunburn, but dang this is never easy! And I just don't have the means to just sit and veg out on the couch to heal. And I don't know about other ladies, but wearing a bra in murder! So here I am, a lobster in disguise and simply afflicted. Oh well I suppose, at least my son is fine, and we had a great time.

No comments: